Both the University of Oxford and Durham University currently have Ph.D. students being detained in Iran on charges widely viewed as political. An article in The Guardian details the very different responses from the two institutions, with Oxford taking an assertive stance on behalf of its student and Durham (as an institution) staying largely quiet and warning that publicity could endanger its student.
- A new era of U.S.-Iranian educational exchange?
- An Arrest in Iran
- Quick Takes: Stay Denied in Research Dispute, University Without E-Mail, Anthro Journals Shift, Grad Student Detained in Russia, Complaint on Va. Tech, Texas A
- U. of Texas Grad Student on Trial in Iran
- Return to Iran
- After an E-Mail Goes Viral
- The Future of Oxford
- Quick Takes: Revised and Delayed GRE to Debut, New Version of Scholars' Pell Plan, Sex Show at William
Search for Jobs