Birmingham-Southern College has announced deep cuts and layoffs, following the discovery of errors in the way the college was awarding financial aid that have resulted in the need to cut spending by about $10 million a year, The Birmingham News reported. The cuts include 51 layoffs, pay cuts that average 10 percent for all employees (but that are larger for those who are more highly compensated), two one-week furloughs for non-faculty employees, and suspension of contributions to retirement funds.
- TIAA-CREF Resists Push to Divest Israel-Related Stocks
- Creating the Perfect Instructor
- The Real Challenge for Higher Education
- Teaching or Preaching?
- Investigation raises doubts about Southern U.'s financial crisis
- Faculty Majorities Vote No Confidence at Wilkes, Southern Maine
- Layoffs and Furloughs at Eastern Illinois U
- Quick Fix
Search for Jobs