The U.S. Education Department has told state officials in California that the federal government will terminate its agreement with EdFund, the state agency that guarantees federal student aid, and replace it with another entity, the Sacramento Bee reported. The department's decision could threaten Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan to sell the troubled agency, which has been in turmoil for years.
- Catfight in California
- A Bit More on 'Gainful Employment'
- Do You REALLY Want to Be a Professor?
- Putting It to Provosts
- Minnesota Company Will Manage California Student Loans
- Quick Takes: Antiwar Prof's Son Killed in Iraq, Schwarzenegger Wants to Sell Loan Agency, Student Who Made Va. Tech Comment Fights Campus Ban, Coach Quits After Harassment Inquiry, Donation Will Change University's Name, NSF Award
- New Future for Loan Guarantors
- Turnaround at Stevens Tech
Search for Jobs