An alumna has offered Stephens College, a women's institution in Missouri, $1 million if faculty and staff members lose a collective 250 pounds by January 1, The Columbia Daily Tribune reported. And if Dianne Lynch, the president, loses 25 pounds, the college will earn another $100,000. Lynch said that the gift idea came from discussions she had with the donor, who wants to remain anonymous, after she noted her concern with the decline of healthy lifestyles. The alumna weighs 117 pounds, Lynch said.
- Quick Takes: $1.1M Settlement in Harassment Suit, Continued Fears on Birth Control Costs, Columbia Rules Out Evictions, 8 Men Sue Seattle U., Accusations on Luna Presidential Search, Missouri Law Makes Evaluations Public, Job Prospects for New Grads
- Jury Awards $1.1M to Former Professor
- Blinding Technology of Online Learning
- Bottom (Line) Feeders
- Judge Blocks Sale of Art by Fisk
- Pumping on the Market
- 'Is William Martinez Not Our Brother?'
- Stephens College Meets Weight Loss Goal
Search for Jobs