Kiss-ins involving pairs of men and women wouldn't stun many American campuses, but at Stellenbosch University, a very traditional Afrikaans institution in South Africa, a kiss by two men has set off considerable debate, The Christian Science Monitor reported. The kiss involved an attempt by a gay student group to participate in a "kiss-a-thon" on campus that had been planned only for heterosexual couples. Many at the campus were stunned when the student paper, Die Matie, ran a photo of the men on the cover -- and the debate has raged ever since.
- An Impossible Position?
- The Power of Language or the Language of Power?
- In South Africa, push continues for free tuition and adequate support
- Who do you think you are?
- Mind Your Language
- Political science meeting faces boycott over gay rights
- 2 Christian colleges win Title IX exemptions that give them the right to expel transgender students
- Tensions over gay rights at two religious colleges
Search for Jobs