More college football and basketball athletes are being arrested this year for serious crimes than are professional football and basketball players, Sports Illustrated reported. Through the end of August, 70 college football players have been arrested, compared to 31 National Football League athletes, and 15 college basketball players have been arrested, compared to 9 from the National Basketball Association. The analysis only covered felonies or serious misdemeanors and excluded 40 arrests involving minor offenses.
- Essay urges reforms in how college sports programs recruit athletes
- Quick Takes: Nobel in Medicine, TB Cases, Huge Campaigns, Duke's Strategy, Crime and No Punishment, Loan Program Criticized, Anti-Hazing Law, 'Full Monty' Ends Adjunct Job, NSF Win for Texas, State Policy Expert Moves On, Cuts at James Madison
- How Athletes Spend Their Time
- Essay: Big-time college athletes deserve financial support and security
- Essay on college football after an NLRB ruling on whether players can unionize
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories