Ohio State University announced Wednesday that its new senior vice president for university development is Andrew A. Sorensen. The appointment is unusual in that Sorensen already has been a university president, twice -- serving at the University of South Carolina and the University of Alabama. While many former presidents return to faculty positions, it is unusual -- but not unheard of -- for them to take administrative positions in which they aren't president. Among those who have done so: Thomas G. Burish, provost of the University of Notre Dame, who was president of Washington and Lee University.
- How High a Summit?
- Fearlessly Facing the Freshman Seminar
- Not Scared of Selectivity
- Commonality Across Countries
- Kennesaw State University Moves Toward Starting Football
- Labor Leaders Criticize Plans for U. of California Retirement Benefits
- Should Harvard Honor Martin Peretz?
- New Methodology Boosts U.S. Universities in World Ranking
Search for Jobs