Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wednesday signed legislation that will ensure admission to the California State University System for students who earn a newly established transfer degree from one of the state's community colleges. SB 1440 requires each community college district to create an associate degree for transfer and guarantees admission to Cal State for any student who earns one of those degrees. A second measure, AB 2302, directs the University of California to develop a better transfer pathway to its campuses.
- Rallying for For-Profit Colleges
- New Presidents or Provosts: California State U.-Los Angeles, Nevada State College, Santa Fe U. of Art and Design, Shaw U., Tuskegee U.
- Power and Peace
- Report Aims to Prod College Completion in Southern U.S.
- 'Fair Use' and ... Football?
- California's two-year colleges roll out transfer degrees while lawmakers consider nudge
- Digging Out of the Hole
- What Motivates International Students?
Search for Jobs