October 18, 2010
President Obama on Friday announced the 10 researchers who have been named recipients of the National Medal of Science. They are:
- Yakir Aharonov of Chapman University.
- Stephen J. Benkovic of Pennsylvania State University.
- Esther M. Conwell of the University of Rochester.
- Marye Anne Fox of the University of California at San Diego.
- Susan L. Lindquist of the Whitehead Institute of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Mortimer Mishkin of the National Institutes of Health.
- David B. Mumford of Brown University.
- Stanley B. Prusiner of the University of California at San Francisco.
- Warren M. Washington of the National Center for Atmospheric Research.
- Amnon Yariv of the California Institute of Technology.
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading