Colorado State University has created a new panel to consider the admission of some athletes and musicians of "exceptional talent" who don't meet regular admissions criteria. While the new committee will not just focus on admitting athletes, The Coloradoan reported that the impetus for creating the panel was a dispute over eight athletes who had been denied admission through the standard process. After the athletic director appealed, all of the athletes were admitted.
- New research on how elite colleges make admissions decisions
- Denver and Phoenix could be the last new hotspots for college recruiting. Then what?
- Quick Takes: Raid and Be Raided, Antioch College President Quits, Key to Science Success, No Benefit to 'Exceptional' Lender Designation, Villanova Expels 3 Athletes, Green Mountain Drops SAT, Education Statistics, Lockout at Bishop's U.
- Admissions leaders and legal experts debate how to define merit
- Public university admissions officers lay out best practices for athlete admissions
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories