- New Programs: Nursing, Biological Sciences, Technology Games
- Quick Takes: 2 Quit Gallaudet Board, Where Science Grads End Up, British Fear Brain Drain, More Trauma for Miami Football, AAUP Condemns Israeli Policy on Palestinian Students
- Overlooked Again -- Community Colleges and Science
- New Programs: Nursing, Structural Engineering, Anthropology, Sustainable Urban Engineering, Entrepreneurship
- Who Produces Black Ph.D.'s?
Some eyebrows are being raised in Florida over new data showing that some community college graduates -- generally in programs oriented toward science careers -- are earning more upon graduation than those who finish four-year degrees elsewhere, The Miami Herald reported. Those who graduate with an associate in science degree at a community college are reporting an average starting salary of $47,708. That's higher than the average for bachelor's degrees at either the state's public universities ($36,552) or private colleges and universities ($44,558).
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories