It's that time of year. The most competitive private colleges in admissions typically announce their application totals and typically set records. Stanford University is up 7 percent; Duke University is up 10 percent; Dartmouth College is up 16 percent.
While these and similar institutions are dealing with a flurry of applications, a literal blizzard in the Southeastern United States is leading some institutions to extend application deadlines that the winter weather may have made difficult to meet. Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology and the University of Georgia are all extending deadlines, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
- The House's New Higher Ed Leader
- NCAA President Answers Critics
- ABA May Drop LSAT Requirement
- College Is Still Worth It
- How Not to Deal With a Student Mother
- New Presidents or Provosts: Central Virginia CC, Daniel Webster College, Kingston U., Miami U., Mid-State Technical College, Valdosta State U.
- Obama Administration Affirms Commitment on Visas
- Faculty Council Urges DePaul President to Reverse Tenure Ruling
Search for Jobs