The University of California at Irvine is apologizing that one of its dining halls served chicken and waffles on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, advertising it as an "MLK Holiday Special," the Los Angeles Times reported. The menu was planned at the last minute and was not intended to offend, but was not in the "best taste," a spokeswoman said. A member of the Black Student Union lodged a complaint about the menu.
- Differing Standards on Plagiarism
- Short Shrift to MLK Day?
- Book explores dark side of American law enforcement
- Interview with Paul Le Blanc on 'A Freedom Budget for All Americans'
- Racist Banter Behind Closed Doors
- Washington and Lee moves Confederate flags, apologizes for having owned slaves
- The Fire Last Time
- The Conference Connoisseurs do Long Beach (essay)
Search for Jobs