Instructure, a new company offering learning management systems, is announcing today that it will make its system open source so that institutions can download a version free. The company describes itself as an alternative to market leader Blackboard, but the move also creates competition for open source providers such as Moodle and Sakai. Instructure says that 26 educational institutions have signed contracts and that another 100 are evaluating its offerings.
- The Long (and Open?) View on Blackboard
- Analysts see changes ahead for LMS market after a summer light on news
- Looking Beyond Sakai
- Blackboard vs....
- Instructure's Canvas LMS: 7 Cheers
- A Bridge Between Blackboard and Open Source?
- After the Sale
- Facing end-of-life status, institutions running Angel look for new LMS providers
Search for Jobs