$100 Million Gift for Ohio State
February 16, 2011
Ohio State University is today announcing its largest gift ever -- $100 million from alumnus Les Wexner, who founded Limited Brands. The gift will primarily benefit medical research and education, as well as Ohio State's Wexner Center for the Arts.
- A Call to Arts
- Peripatetic President
- Quick Takes: $100 Million for Harvard, Hitler Video Angers North Dakota, Seminary Lays Off Tenured Faculty, Gender Bias and Postdocs, Reversal by Chase on Student Loans, Zebra on Campus
- Essay criticizes the $400 million gift to Harvard
- Quick Takes: $101 Million Arts Gift at Princeton, Indictment for Lab Arson, Bridgewater Students Charged in Stabbing, President Quits Troubled Medical University, '2020 Vision' for NSF, Does Higher Ed Encourage Belief in Ghosts?
- Quick Takes: Patriot Act Fallout, N. Dakota Wins Round and Newberry Gives Up on Team Names, Sorority Arrests, Donor Withdraws $20M, Capella IPO, Georgetown Students' Religion, Ala. Sues Artist, Lafayette Bars Sudan Stocks, Sale of Painting Stuns Philly
- Quick Takes: $100 Million Gift to Ariz. State, Dorm Safety Law in Wisconsin, 'Science' Prepares for Retraction, U. of Georgia to Jail Underage Drinkers, Title IX Compliance Questioned in Pa.
- Renaming of NYU's engineering school after donors irks some students and faculty
Search for Jobs
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Founded in 1919, AUC is the region’s leading English-language University and the center of the social, political and cultural life of the Arab world...
We honor our past because it shapes our future. Otterbein’s story begins in the mid-1800s, before the abolition of slavery, before the women’s right...