The Duke Endowment of Charlotte on Monday announced a gift of $80 million to Duke University, which will be used to renovate the student union and renovate two other buildings that were part of the original campus plan in 1924. The grant is the largest single philanthropic gift in the university's history and in the endowment's 87 years.
- Big Gift for Johnson C. Smith U.
- Quick Takes: Dillard Finds Temporary Home, at Tulane; Americans and German Win Physics Nobel; No Hurricane Hit to Texas State Credit; Duke Gets $75 Million -- From Duke; Caltech President Retiring; NIH Creates Stem Cell Bank in Wis.
- Cornell and Technion's win in New York competition reflects desire to grow urban ties
- Boost for the Humanities
- Stanford Raises $6.2 Billion in Five-Year Campaign
- Cosby Resigns as Trustee of Temple U., His Alma Mater
- Labor College, backed by the A.F.L.-C.I.O. for decades, closes because of finances
- House proposal would slash funding for NEH in half, part of broader trend
Search for Jobs