Officials at the University of Nebraska at Omaha announced Sunday that the institution's athletics program would move to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division I -- but shed its football and wrestling programs in the process. In a news conference Sunday about the move, which still requires the approval of the university's Board of Regents, campus officials said the decision was necessary to ensure the long-term financial viability of the sports program.
- Let the Assessment PR Wars Begin
- ConAgra recruits nontraditional students for IT internship
- 'Confessions of a Spoilsport'
- Lender/University Entanglements
- Big Ten expansion frustrates left-out faculty
- Quick Takes: Help for Black Colleges in New Orleans, Court Backs ABA in Accrediting Dispute, Texas Southern Criticized on Endowment Decisions, Buffalo's Athletic Distinction
- Georgia university system requires greater athletics oversight
- Siren Song of Sports
Search for Jobs