The College Board has announced that some of those to whom it sends e-mail messages have had those addresses captured by a hacker of its e-mail provider. All of those whose e-mail addresses were captured were sent an e-mail, so those who have not been notified should not be affected. The College Board said that names and e-mail addresses -- but not Social Security numbers (which the College Board doesn't have and so were not in danger of being stolen) -- were captured by the hacker.
- Quick Takes: Dennis Shuts Down Colleges, Hacker Woes at Southern Cal
- Stolen: A Laptop and 100,000 Identities
- Data Breaches Hit More Campuses
- When E-Mail Is Outsourced
- With malicious attacks on the rise, universities seek security
- Text, Trust and Third Parties
- Fear of Phishing
- How Will Students Communicate?
Search for Jobs