The provost of Drake University, Michael Renner, announced Tuesday that he would step down next month because of differences with David Maxwell, the president, The Des Moines Register reported. “In my recent conversations with the president, it has become clear that our respective leadership philosophies differ in important ways,” said Renner, in an e-mail to the campus. “In view of this, I believe that it is in the best interests of the university for me to step aside and allow the president to seek a new provost.” Renner declined to elaborate on the differences and Maxwell could not be reached.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, Drake U., MiraCosta College, Pikeville College, Salem State College
- University of Iowa looks to aid as it tries to increase resident enrollment
- Languages Without Language Faculty
- Private college in Iowa gives itself to the University of Iowa rather than be forced out of business
- New Challenge to Gun Limits on Campuses
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories