The provost of Drake University, Michael Renner, announced Tuesday that he would step down next month because of differences with David Maxwell, the president, The Des Moines Register reported. “In my recent conversations with the president, it has become clear that our respective leadership philosophies differ in important ways,” said Renner, in an e-mail to the campus. “In view of this, I believe that it is in the best interests of the university for me to step aside and allow the president to seek a new provost.” Renner declined to elaborate on the differences and Maxwell could not be reached.
- Faculty No Longer
- Remediation at a Crossroads
- Another Middle East Effort Challenged
- Who Decides on Transfer Credit?
- New Presidents or Provosts: Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, Drake U., MiraCosta College, Pikeville College, Salem State College
- Newly Tenured ... at Bates, Saint Rose, Suffolk
- Numbers That Bedazzle, Numbers That Benumb
- 'Breathing Room' on State Authorization
Search for Jobs