- Commencement Speakers Announced: Emory, Franklin
- Pinching Pennies on Research
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Assumption, College of Saint Rose, Hamilton, Huntingdon, Mass. Pharmacy, Northern Essex CC, Oklahoma Christian, Philadelphia U., Pomona, Quinnipiac, U. of Hartford, Virginia Commonwealth
- U. California president calls for greater efforts to defend graduate education
- UC president's letter sparks confusion over her stance on gainful employment
A group of presidents from 12 research universities are calling for restored federal investment in the Department of Homeland Security's Science and Technology Directorate, which had its budget slashed by 54 percent last year. The department's research arm works with universities to create technologies to guard against terrorist attacks and disasters, according to a letter from the group to Janet Napolitano, the secretary of homeland security. Research funded by the department "will lead to critical breakthroughs in national security," they said. The signers including the presidents of Carnegie Mellon, Drexel, George Washington, Northeastern and Rutgers Universities; the State University of New York at Buffalo; the Universities of Delaware, Maryland at College Park, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Rhode Island; and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories