- Quick Takes: Economic Models for Scholarly Publishing, Death of New College of California, Grade Changing Scandal, Limits on Industry Ties to Med Schools, New Twist on B-School Rankings, Border Dispute Is Back, Marlboro Drops SAT, White Male Failure in UK
- Academics In Charge at B-Schools
- Quick Takes: McCain and Obama Back ROTC, Parental Views on Costs, From Phoenix to Nouveau, Arkansas Atty. Gen. Says Colleges Can Admit Undocumented Students, Ike Closes Campuses, 3-Year MBA and JD, Stanford's B-School Plans
- Battling Over B-School Rankings
- B-Schools Take on Essay Consultants
Some alumni of the Yale University School of Management fear that it is abandoning its unique qualities in a bid to compete with top business schools, Bloomberg reported. Yale's management school -- which didn't offer an M.B.A. until 1999 -- has historically had much more of a focus on preparing leaders for the nonprofit or government world than has been the place at leading business schools. But Yale is also ranked well below the top business schools. A new dean who intends to challenge the top b-schools has set off the concerns. He is Edward Snyder, who was recruited from the University of Chicago.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories