- Alabama names seventh new community college chancellor in six years
- Two-year colleges in Washington State expand competency-based project with business degree
- New Presidents or Provosts: Alabama Community College System, Colgate U., College of Charleston, Mount Holyoke College
- Quick Takes: DuPage President Ousted, Race and Educational Attainment in Canada, Ala. Judge Reinstates Fired Community College President, College of Lake County to Arm Police
- Closing One Gap for African Americans
The Alabama Board of Education is divided over the performance of Freida Hill as chancellor of the state's two-year college system, with four of the nine members giving her low marks in numerous areas as part of a recent evaluation, The Birmingham News reported. Three board members gave her high marks, and two others mixed marks. The criticisms were wide ranging, including a lack of communication with the board, poor relations with the state's K-12 system and poor morale in the system. Hill's defenders said that disgruntled college presidents have encouraged the criticisms. Hill is the sixth person to lead the system since a corruption scandal in 2006.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories