- For-profits take brunt of new Cal Grant cuts
- California private colleges worry about cuts to state-funded Cal Grant
- Online learning push continues in California, but with approach faculty groups appreciate
- California contemplates crackdown on for-profits
- Quick Takes: Compromise Bill Would Slash Pell Spending, New Agenda in NY, Prominent Med Dean Fired, Ph.D. Students Turn Down U. of California, Murders Shake LSU, In-State Tuition for Military Families, All-Nighters vs. Grades
A panel of state legislators in California on Thursday rejected a proposal by Gov. Jerry Brown to reduce spending on CalGrants, the state's generous financial aid program, the Los Angeles Times reported. Brown's plan would have reduced the amount of state aid that could be used at private and for-profit colleges, and also raised the minimum grade-point average for incoming students to qualify for grants.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories