Faculty members at New England College quickly pledged to donate $100,000 after learning that the college planned staff layoffs, and that such a sum would prevent them, The Concord Monitor reported. The layoffs had been planned as one way to deal with a $350,000 deficit created by an enrollment shortfall. While the layoffs have been averted, staff members will be required to take furlough days (anywhere from five days to several weeks) between now and June.
- For-Profit Lobbying Escalates
- 'Never a Good Time'
- Unizin members reflect on the first year of the consortium
- Defining Moment
- Quick Fix
- The Costs of Policing Campus Networks
- California State approves a cap on salary increases for incoming president
- Quick Takes: Missouri State Eliminates 5 Teams, Oklahoma Bonds Win Court OK, Dallas Community College Fees Upheld, Loan Forgiveness Help for Disabled
Search for Jobs