The Simons Foundation today plans to announced a $60 million grant to the University of California at Berkeley to create a center for the study of the theory of computing, The New York Times reported. The newspaper reported that the work to be done in the center reflects the breadth of fields from the physical and social sciences in which computing theory has growing influence.
- The Rise of 'Convergence' Science
- With departments under threat for few majors, physicists say value isn't reflected in numbers
- Lumina reports slow progress on completion push
- Quick Takes: Iowa Faulted in Sex Assault Case, Overdue Degrees for Freedom Riders, Rules for Retiree Hires, Next Frontier of Print on Demand, CUNY's Science Boost
- Quick Takes: Performance Gap for Athletes, $3 Million Football Coaches, Boston College's Ambitions, Middle Georgia's Facebook Ban, $100 Million for Pittsburgh Schools, $1.5M Verdict in College Hazing Death, Grawemeyer for Psychology
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories