A study released today questions the extent to which Pell Grants and other need-based financial aid improved the retention and success of academically underprepared community college students in Louisiana. The study, conducted by researchers at Noel-Levitz and the American Institutes for Research and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, found that increasing the amount of financial aid awarded to Louisiana community college students who needed remedial coursework did not improve their academic performance.
- Calculating Costs and Benefits
- MyDegrees and Academic Advising Solutions
- Quick Takes: CUNY Raising Admissions Standards, SAT's Unlikely Critic, Noel-Levitz Sold, Arrest for Koran Incidents, Fulbright Success, Animal Rights Win in UK, Logo Woes at Middlebury, Suit Over Referendum Language, U. of Toronto to Shut Shooting Range
- More programs seek to train those in enrollment management
- Clues About the Gender Gap
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories