- California's two-year colleges roll out transfer degrees while lawmakers consider nudge
- Golden State's Transfer Guarantee
- Quick Takes: California Study Criticizes 'Institutional Barriers' for Transfer Students, New Head of U.S. Tribal College Initiative, Panel to Consider Entrepreneurship Education
- Bill Would Clear Path for Two-Tiered Pricing at Calif. Community Colleges
- Two-year colleges in California mull bachelor's degrees
Legislation enacted in California in 2010 was supposed to assure smooth transfer from community colleges to California State University campuses, both by requiring the community colleges to create more transfer programs and the university system to make students who complete certain requirements automatically eligible for junior status. A new report by the Legislative Analyst's Office has found progress -- but only partial progress -- in meeting the goals. The community colleges are urged to create more transfer programs, and the Cal State system is urged to maximize the number of degree programs to which these transfer credits can provide junior-level status.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories