The Howard Hughes Medical Institute is today announcing $50 million in grants to help 47 small colleges and universities collaborate to improve their science curriculums, involve more students in undergraduate research, prepare more K-12 science teachers, and increase diversity of science students. The grants range in size from $800,000 to $1.5 million.
- Quick Takes: $50M Gift for Community College Students, U.S. Plans for Last Resort Student Loans, Layoffs at Florida, Voting vs. Finals
- Quick Takes: Northwestern Suspends Women's Soccer, Value of Open Access, New Duke Indictment, $50M for UT-Austin, New England Floods, End of the 'Cocktail Party'?
- Australian financier gives $50M for scholarships, challenges his peers
- Quick Takes: Charges Against Rider Officials to Be Dropped, College Board Paid to Be Preferred Lender, Abandoning Alma Mater, Scrutiny for Law Schools, Attack in Colorado, Aid in Canada, Study of Loan Auction, $50M for Med School
- Quick Takes: Dispute in Drug Overdose, Allegations Roil Cincinnati Athletics, RIAA's Hit Parade, Radford Provost Ousted, Penn Considers Screening Job Applicants, Illiniwek's Last Dance, $50M for Public Health at Carolina
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories