- Encouraging Interdisciplinarity
- New Presidents or Provosts: American U. in Cairo, Benedictine U., Kilian CC, Marquette U., Metropolitan State U., Minnesota State U. Moorhead
- Dealing with power outages and water damage, colleges make plans to reopen after Sandy
- New Presidents or Provosts: American U. of Nigeria, Bucknell U., Granite State College, Lake Superior College, Northland College, U. of Evansville, U. of Rio Grande/Rio Grande CC
- Colleges start new academic programs
Feniosky Peña-Mora, dean of Columbia University's engineering college, has resigned amid widespread faculty criticism of his performance, The New York Times reported. Peña-Mora pushed to expand the engineering college, but faced a revolt from professors who said he wasn't paying enough attention to preserving the quality of existing programs or of keeping commitments he made to them. Some minority leaders have said that the criticism is racially based (Peña-Mora was born in the Dominican Republic), and Al Sharpton is planning a rally for him in September. Two other high ranking minority administrators have left their positions at Columbia in recent years, but university officials have said that the departures are unrelated.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories