- Wheaton College covered emergency contraception before mandate controversy
- Catholic college reverses course on covering contraception
- Department of Health and Human Services issues final rule on contraceptive mandate
- Final rule issued on college health plans, birth control
- Obama proposes compromise with religious colleges on contraception mandate
Wheaton College in Illinois has joined the Catholic University of America's lawsuit against the Obama administration over a mandate that would require health insurance plans for students and employees to cover contraception, including the morning-after pill. Several evangelical Christian and Catholic colleges have already sued over the mandate, which they say is an infringement upon their religious freedom. A federal judge in Nebraska rejected a similar suit from Catholic employers and seven states Wednesday.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories