Bain & Co. on Monday published a report and a database that the consulting company says show that a third of colleges in the country are on an unsustainable financial path. The report by the company, which has been increasing its profile in higher education by advising college and university administrations on where and how to restructure their budgets, argues that institutional debt is too handily outpacing revenues and educational expenditures.
- Large numbers of students transfer to community colleges from four-year institutions
- NCAA sanctions of Penn State a departure from traditional enforcement
- Education Department Unveils 'Shopping Sheet'
- Predicting the decade ahead in financial aid
- Colby Trustee Chair Under Fire for Barclays Connection
- Essay: Academic leaders shouldn't be sure they wouldn't have acted like their counterparts at Penn State
- Justice Dept. Investigates Universal Technical Institute
- Colleges start new degree programs
Search for Jobs