Cardale Jones, a third-string quarterback at Ohio State University, tweeted on Friday that athletes shouldn't need to attend class, ESPN reported. "Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS," he wrote. Once media organizations noticed and started to write about the tweet, it was removed, as was the entire Twitter account of Jones. The university suspended Jones for one game as a result of the tweet.
- Ohio State's Cardale Jones Asked Us a Terrific Question
- Instead of telling athletes not to tweet, Colgate shows how social media can work for them
- Falling Out of Love with College Football
- Colleges benefit financially but take hits to pride and bodies in overmatched football games
- 2 Reasons Not to Follow Me on Twitter
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories