Swarthmore College on Saturday announced a $50 million gift from Eugene Lang, an alumnus and philanthropist, for engineering and science facilities and for programs to link engineering and the liberal arts at the college. Swarthmore is unusual among liberal arts colleges in having an engineering program. The gift is the largest in Swarthmore's history.
- Quick Takes: $101 Million Arts Gift at Princeton, Indictment for Lab Arson, Bridgewater Students Charged in Stabbing, President Quits Troubled Medical University, '2020 Vision' for NSF, Does Higher Ed Encourage Belief in Ghosts?
- Renaming of NYU's engineering school after donors irks some students and faculty
- Quick Takes: Wish Lists for Obama, Maryland Furloughs, Arrest Shakes Boards, Suit on Social Work, Loma Linda and Atlantic Union May Merge, Fingerprint Fracas, Beacon Becomes Seminary, Tree-Sit Ends, Legal Dispute in Israel, 'Leveraging Excellence' Award
- Colorado College's education major challenges whether disciplines still define the liberal arts
- $100M Fund to Promote STEM Study in Canada and Israel
- When Big Bucks Come for Sports
- Baylor Will Receive $200M Bequest
- For-Profit White Knight?
Search for Jobs