Swarthmore College on Saturday announced a $50 million gift from Eugene Lang, an alumnus and philanthropist, for engineering and science facilities and for programs to link engineering and the liberal arts at the college. Swarthmore is unusual among liberal arts colleges in having an engineering program. The gift is the largest in Swarthmore's history.
- Quick Takes: $101 Million Arts Gift at Princeton, Indictment for Lab Arson, Bridgewater Students Charged in Stabbing, President Quits Troubled Medical University, '2020 Vision' for NSF, Does Higher Ed Encourage Belief in Ghosts?
- Quick Takes: Ky. College Loosens Baptist Ties, Albany Colleges Fight With Philanthropist, Nonprofit Governance Reform
- Colorado College's education major challenges whether disciplines still define the liberal arts
- Quick Takes: More Presidents Sign Climate Pledge, New Bids to Kill and Save Chief Illiniwek, $100M for Scholarships at UNC, Harvard's Loss Could Be U. of Washington's Gain, $75M for Stanford, Anti-War Protests, Has MIT Lost Sense of Humor?
- Quick Takes: Wish Lists for Obama, Maryland Furloughs, Arrest Shakes Boards, Suit on Social Work, Loma Linda and Atlantic Union May Merge, Fingerprint Fracas, Beacon Becomes Seminary, Tree-Sit Ends, Legal Dispute in Israel, 'Leveraging Excellence' Award
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories