The University of Northern Alabama has dismissed Bradley Patterson from the football team for a Twitter post in which he used a racial slur to refer to President Obama, USA Today reported. The tweet came during President Obama's address on his trip to meet family members of the victims of Friday's Connecticut school shooting, and complained about the speech pre-empting a football game on television.
- Quick Takes: Colorado Keeps Affirmative Action, Social Scientist Set on Fire in Afghanistan, Racist Anti-Obama Graffiti, President for President-Elect, $300M for Chicago, Legal Move Against Animal Rights Extremist, Lack of Diversity in Sports, York Strike
- Several Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapters accused of racism in recent years
- Going Bowling for the Holidays (and for $$)
- Shooting in Huntsville
- Quick Takes: 'Special Admits' for Football, College GOP Official's Obama Post, William
- Another Campus Grieves
- Myles Brand's Code of Silence
- Should All Beliefs Be Worn on Sleeves?
Search for Jobs