The website College Humor is offering two $5,000 scholarships for average students. "Why is it that there are tons of scholarships for academically excellent students, tons of scholarships for academically challenged students and not a damn thing for the majority of the students in the middle? We don't know, either," says the announcement of the new scholarship. "Did you sign up for 3 clubs but never attend meetings? Is your G.P.A. a 2.1? Would some of your professors have a hard time remembering if you were in their class? If so, enter now! We hope you're not exceptional." While the website features plenty of satire, a spokesman said via e-mail that "this is a real contest."
Applicants must explain why they are average and upload photos or videos that "highlight your averageness."
- Winners of 'Average Student Scholarships'
- Adjunct leaders consider strategies to force change
- JSTOR to offer limited free access to content from 1,200 journals
- Oil boom and trust of conservative lawmakers means more money for North Dakota colleges
- Richard Blanco Named Poet for Obama Inaugural
- Bank Cancels Accounts of U. of Minnesota Students From Iran
- Essay on political science study of dog ownership and voting
- Coursera's fee-based course option
Search for Jobs