Albany State University has returned a portion of the $3 million it received from the Ray Charles Foundation to construct a fine arts building to be named for the singer, The Albany Herald reported. The university has used some of the funds for scholarships, but the foundation has been seeking the money back since the fine arts center was not built.
- Seeking Money for Universities, Not Students
- Quick Takes: Claiborne Pell Dies, Advice for Obama, Distance Ed Enrollments, Yeshiva Adjusts Losses, Harvard Prof Limits Ties to Drug Companies, Deferred Bonus Raises Eyebrows, RPI Donated to Clinton Library, Unusual Bequest for Monroe CC, Banned Words
- Did Peter Singer Back Animal Research?
- Quick Takes: Scathing Statement on Brandeis, Florida Speaker Steps Aside, New Hampshire Fathers Can't Be Forced to Pay, More Questions on RPI Spending, Graduated Against Her Will, The Bush Record
- Newly Tenured ... at Frostburg, Missouri-Kansas City, Wesleyan
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories