A panel at Heinrich Heine University has decided to strip Germany's education minister, Annette Schavan, of her doctorate because the committee found her dissertation to be plagiarized, the Associated Press reported. Schavan denies the charges and plans to appeal. A former defense minister in Germany resigned in 2011 after revelations that he had copied portions of his doctoral thesis.
- Yet Another Plagiarism Scandal in Germany
- Politicians, Fake Degrees and Plagiarism
- Germany's Got Talent
- Our Wise Politicians
- Is Academic Corruption on the Rise?
- Battle for German Brains
- Review of Walter Nugent, 'The Tolerant Populists: Kansas Populism and Nativism'
- Grading + Blind Peer-Review = #FAIL
Search for Jobs