- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- New Presidents or Provosts: Cabrini College, College of Mount Saint Joseph, Elmhurst College, Erie CC, U. of Hartford, U. of Wisconsin La Crosse
- New Presidents or Provosts: Dartmouth College, Notre Dame de Namur U., Salve Regina U., Tusculum College, U. of the Pacific
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Babson, Harford CC, Mount St. Mary's, Saint Mary's, Saint Peter's, Saint Xavier, Skidmore, St. Joseph's, Trinity
- New Presidents or Provosts: Azusa Pacific U., Barton College, Meredith College, Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College, Saint Paul College (Minn.), U. of Washington Tacoma, Virginia Commonwealth U., Wagner College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
The presidents of 17 Sisters of Mercy colleges, along with educators at 32 secondary schools and 9 elementary schools affiliated with the order, have issued a letter calling for new measures to promote "a culture of non-violence" in American society. "The unspeakable use of a military assault weapon to massacre elementary school children compels us as leaders in Mercy education to speak, to say 'enough.'" says the letter. It calls for "sensible gun control measures" and "robust funding of mental health services." Further, it says that "for the sake of our children and young adults, we reject the overly simplistic belief that increasing armed security personnel in schools will increase student safety."
The letter was signed by the presidents of these colleges and universities: Carlow University, College of St. Mary (Nebraska), Georgian Court University, Gwynedd-Mercy College, Maria College (New York), Marian Court College, Mercyhurst University, Misericordia University, Mount Aloysius College, Mount Mercy University, Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, Saint Xavier University (Illinois), Salve Regina University, Trocaire College, University of Detroit Mercy, University of Saint Joseph (Connecticut) and Mercy College of Health Sciences (Iowa).
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories