Rumors abound in Russia that many top leaders have degrees that they didn't really earn, but some officials are starting to tackle the issue of plagiarism. Time reported that the deputy minister of education and science reviewed 25 dissertations at random from the history department at Moscow Pedagogical State University. With one exception, all were found to be extensively plagiarized, with some having as much as 90 percent of the material copied.
- In Russia, a crackdown on foreign funding and influence
- Christian College Grows Roots Abroad
- PhD Programs at Russian Universities: Does more time help?
- Russia(n) Is Back
- Essay on difficulty of finding a job for an expert on Russia
- Lost Opportunity in Russia
- New Russian technical university has high aspirations
- Politicians, Fake Degrees and Plagiarism
Search for Jobs