- High-profile problems at highly visible universities get accreditor's attention
- Pima Community College's deep accreditation crisis
- University of Phoenix faces possible probation by accreditor
- Accreditor's new standards raise bar for serving the public
- Brewton-Parker's accreditation restored; woes for Norfolk State and EDMC campuses
Pima Community College has responded to a scathingly critical report by a site team from its regional accreditor, which recommended that the Arizona institution be placed on probation. While the college said it takes the criticism seriously, it pushed back on certain findings in the report. For example, it clarified that the now-suspended effort to tighten admission standards was aimed at incoming students who perform at or below 7th-grade level. College administrators did not think these changes constituted a mission change. The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association is set to consider the probation recommendation next week.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories