Do You Know Alma Mater's President? Can You Locate Northwestern?
April 2, 2013
Vanity Fair and "60 Minutes" have released a poll of the public on alma maters. Among the findings:
- Only 32 percent of adults can name the president or dean of their alma mater.
- Asked about the SAT, 39 percent called the test "a necessary evil," while 23 percent called it a "successful equalizer."
- Only 34 percent could name Illinois as the state where you can find Northwestern University. (Washington State was picked by 17 percent, Michigan by 11 percent and Oregon by 6 percent).
- Asked what they wished they had done more of in college, 48 percent said studying, 40 percent said networking, 4 percent said sex and 1 percent said drugs.
- Focus groups find problems with various award letter templates
- Private colleges in Ga. open doors to students from technical colleges
- Martin Scorsese delivers the annual Jefferson Lecture in the Humanities
- Purdue's Mitch Daniels is challenging higher education leadership
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- Academic Minute: The Brain and Distasteful People
- Essay on Florida Atlantic University and academic freedom
- Supreme Court rejects appeal from Ward Churchill
Search for Jobs
La Plata, MD
PILANI, RAJASTHAN, India
Rock Hill, SC
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. AUD's enrollment in 2012-2013 averaged 2...
Oklahoma City Community College provides the people of Oklahoma and our community with broad access to certificates of mastery, associate degrees,...