Do You Know Alma Mater's President? Can You Locate Northwestern?
April 2, 2013
Vanity Fair and "60 Minutes" have released a poll of the public on alma maters. Among the findings:
- Only 32 percent of adults can name the president or dean of their alma mater.
- Asked about the SAT, 39 percent called the test "a necessary evil," while 23 percent called it a "successful equalizer."
- Only 34 percent could name Illinois as the state where you can find Northwestern University. (Washington State was picked by 17 percent, Michigan by 11 percent and Oregon by 6 percent).
- Asked what they wished they had done more of in college, 48 percent said studying, 40 percent said networking, 4 percent said sex and 1 percent said drugs.
- Out of the Doghouse
- University presidents work to increase recognizability with alumni
- Career Colleges Brace for '60 Minutes'
- '60 Minutes' vs. Sallie Mae
- Sell-Off at Career Education
- More Scrutiny for Career Education Corp.
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Ball State, Bay Path, George Washington
- 'Tea' Author in Hot Water
Search for Jobs
Chestnut Hill, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Cedar Rapids, IA
As an outstanding comprehensive metropolitan university located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University has come a long way...
Motivated Students Maryville University is a selective, comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with nearly 6,000 students. We offer...