A new survey has found that 17 percent of college athletes in Division I responded to survey questions in ways consistent with depression. Only 8 percent of former Division I athletes had the same scores on the survey. The researchers said that when they started their project, they assumed they would find higher levels of depression in the former athletes than the current ones. The findings were published in the journal Sports Health.
- Quick Takes: Ex-Athletes Charged in Murder, Cuts at Capital, University Relents on NYT, Reprieve at Massasoit, LeMoyne-Owen Trustees Quit, N.D. Chancellor Resigns, Research vs. Profits, N.J. Budget Stalemate, Conflict of Interest at Stanford?
- How Athletes Spend Their Time
- More Patients, Less Pay
- Sport psychologists help athletes focus beyond Final Four
- Football advisers predict negative athlete outcomes under 9-credit rule
- NCAA in Orlando: Mickey, Minnie and Myles
- Tolls of Med School
- Academic Accountability in Athletics
Search for Jobs