- Two Unions Court Adjuncts in Philadelphia Market
- Adjunct union contracts ensure real gains including better pay
- Tufts adjuncts vote to form union, begin metro effort
- Adjuncts from across the Washington region plan to unionize to fight 'market problem'
- Organizing harder but possible in states without collective bargaining agreements
Adjunct faculty members at Georgetown University voted late last week to unionize, becoming the third major group in the Washington area to join a burgeoning citywide organizing effort by the Service Employees International Union. Nearly three-quarters of the eligible faculty members who voted supported the union. Georgetown officials said they would support the decision of the adjunct faculty members to unionize.
Adjuncts at George Washington and American Universities are already part of the citywide bargaining unit, SEIU Local 500.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories