Nancy Zimpher, chancellor of the State University of New York, has halted the search for a new president of Nassau Community College, pending a review of allegations of problems in the search. An editorial in Newsday outlined a range of concerns that were expressed prior to Zimpher's action, including charges of racial bias and of scheduling search committee meetings at times some members could not attend. The editorial also questioned the quality of the candidates that have emerged thus far.
- Students Take Over President's Office at Cooper Union
- New protocols requiring verification of SEVIS status cause delays at ports of entry
- California's Looming Educational Attainment Crisis
- Barnard Investigates Possible Cheating
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- Student Loan Interest at 0.75 Percent?
- Florida Polytechnic U. to offer multi-year contracts, not tenure, to faculty
- Study questioning college-going for all is itself questioned
Search for Jobs