Nancy Zimpher, chancellor of the State University of New York, has halted the search for a new president of Nassau Community College, pending a review of allegations of problems in the search. An editorial in Newsday outlined a range of concerns that were expressed prior to Zimpher's action, including charges of racial bias and of scheduling search committee meetings at times some members could not attend. The editorial also questioned the quality of the candidates that have emerged thus far.
- Tension between faculty and administration impacts Nassau Community College's presidential search
- An Early Take on SUNY
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Bethany, Genesee CC, St. Norbert, U. of Delaware
- Insult to Injury
- Quick Takes: WVU Pledges to Change Degree Record-Keeping, Zimpher Is Likely SUNY Choice, Higher Ed Without Frills, Arizona State Pays $850,000 in Rape Suit, Aetna to Pay $5M for Incorrect Charges, Failed Effort in Britain, Singularity U.
- Quick Takes: SUNY Chancellor Possibilities, 2-Year Salary Freeze at Bowdoin, Tech Transfer Data, Adding Sports to Add Students, Walden Cited in U.S. Audit
- Closing Argument
- New Presidents or Provosts: Beloit College, Defiance College, Fielding Graduate U., McPherson College, State U. of New York, Webster U.
Search for Jobs