FutureLearn was created this year as a MOOC platform for British universities, to counter the main American MOOC providers, which have plenty of non-American universities involved, but which are based in the United States. On Monday, FutureLearn announced it was admitting two non-British universities and embracing the idea of international MOOCs. The two members from outside Britain are Monash University, in Australia, and Trinity College Dublin, in Ireland. Also joining is the University of Edinburgh, which is already part of Coursera.
- NYU Gives Loans for Executives' Vacation Homes
- Does China have too much influence over academe in the West?
- NCTQ study gives teacher prep programs failing grades
- Justice Department launches investigation into merit aid talks
- Survey shows growth in counseling services at 2-year colleges
- New Skills Certificates from ETS
- Colleges add new programs
- Academic Minute: Prenatal Sexism
Search for Jobs