- From Culture War to Shooting War
- Review of Lisa Downing, 'The Subject of Murder: Gender, Exceptionality, and the Modern Killer'
- UC Santa Barbara students killed in shooting rampage
- Fraying of Academic Freedom
- Quick Takes: Colorado Keeps Affirmative Action, Social Scientist Set on Fire in Afghanistan, Racist Anti-Obama Graffiti, President for President-Elect, $300M for Chicago, Legal Move Against Animal Rights Extremist, Lack of Diversity in Sports, York Strike
The University of Oslo has rejected the application of Anders Behring Breivik, a mass killer, to study political science, AFP reported. Breivik, a right wing extremist, is in jail for his 2011 attacks that killed 77. Norway encourages prisoners to seek education (typically through distance programs) and Breivik's prison had no problem with his applying to enroll remotely. But word of the application set off a debate at the university, with some faculty members saying that they would refuse to teach him. The university said that it evaluated the application under normal procedures and rejected Breivik because he had not finished his high school degree.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories