An Australian student attending Oklahoma’s East Central University on a baseball scholarship was shot and killed last week by three teenagers who were “bored” and decided to kill someone for fun, CBS News reported. Christopher Lane was out for a jog in Duncan, Okla., where his girlfriend and her family live, when he was shot in the back.
A statement from East Central University said that Lane, a Melbourne native, earned an associate degree in business administration from Redlands Community College, also in Oklahoma, before enrolling at East Central. The head baseball coach, Dino Rosato, remembered Lane as “a person I wanted to be around. He was a young man with great character.”
- Is the U. of Oklahoma doing enough for the state's American Indian population?
- New Presidents or Provosts: Northeastern State U., Presentation College, Southwestern College, U. of Minnesota
- U. of Evansville President Arrested for Drunk Driving
- Prominent Arab studies scholar challenges Georgetown in tenure decision
- U. of Oklahoma chapter learned racist song on SAE leadership cruise
- Baylor U facing questions over handling of sexual assault involving football player
- 'Integrating the Gridiron'
- New presidents or provosts: Adams Casper Lindenwood Miami OKCC Oregon RISD Ripon WOU
Search for Jobs