Florida Governor Rick Scott, a Republican, has encouraged the state's colleges (most of them former community colleges) to develop plans for $10,000 bachelor's degrees (for four years of expenses). But The Sun Sentinel reported that not all of the programs announced have actually started, and that it is unclear just how much demand exists. Broward College, for example, opened registration for such a program a month ago, with 80 slots. To date, no one has signed up.
- Making It Easier to Identify Sex Offenders on Campus
- California's Governor Signs Transfer Bill
- Florida Governor Wants $10,000 4-Year Degrees
- Report Sees Some Progress on Med School Conflicts of Interest
- Outrage among women in science over how colleague was treated and censored
- A Bonus Year for Rutgers President
- Will 'U.S. News' Ignore the ABA?
- Documentary by Frederick Wiseman portrays UC-Berkeley in fall 2010
Search for Jobs