Florida, like many states, has a searchable registry of sex offenders. But for the first time, the registry offers a higher education search, so users can find out if there are sex offenders enrolled at or working at specific colleges and universities, The Sun Sentinel reported. In almost all of the cases, the offenders are students. One Florida college, Edison State College, is currently considering a complete ban on the enrollment of sex offenders, The Naples Daily News reported.
- An Unknown Resource?
- No Felons Allowed
- New Programs: Education, Nursing, Materials Science
- A College's Delicate 'Balancing Act'
- Proposed policy at Florida Gulf Coast raises question of what a university is entitled to track about faculty members
- New Programs: Women's Leadership, Health Information, Robotics, Online Teaching
- Searching for Black Students
- Whose Job Is It?
Search for Jobs