Florida, like many states, has a searchable registry of sex offenders. But for the first time, the registry offers a higher education search, so users can find out if there are sex offenders enrolled at or working at specific colleges and universities, The Sun Sentinel reported. In almost all of the cases, the offenders are students. One Florida college, Edison State College, is currently considering a complete ban on the enrollment of sex offenders, The Naples Daily News reported.
- Limited Progress for Florida's $10,000 Degrees
- Essay on reforms needed to promote success at community colleges
- For-profit colleges say U.S. discriminates against them in state authorization
- Documentary by Frederick Wiseman portrays UC-Berkeley in fall 2010
- A Bonus Year for Rutgers President
- An Unknown Resource?
- Who Is Sabotaging College Applications at Elite Private School?
- More Pressure on Westfield State Board to Oust Dobelle
Search for Jobs