Boston authorities have banned Greek houses from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from holding any parties or large gatherings at houses in the city, The Boston Globe reported. (Most MIT fraternity and sorority houses are in Boston, not in Cambridge.) Boston officials said that they need to get information about the safety of the houses. The move follows an injury to a fraternity member who crashed through a skylight and fell four stories during a recent party.
- Observations From the Frat Subreddit
- Should colleges ban fraternities and sororities?
- Greek students at Missouri outraged by proposals to ban women from visiting fraternities on weekend nights
- Fraternity Fatalities
- Colleges turn to campuswide bans of fraternity, sorority parties
- Amherst bans membership in underground fraternities
- Tragedy at a Party
- 30 Years Later, Dartmouth Celebrates 'Animal House'
Search for Jobs